What We Do
The mission of the General Accounting Department is to maintain and ensure the accuracy and integrity of the University’s General Ledger through account reconciliations and other analyses, provide timely and reliable financial and accounting services to management and the University community, maintain a knowledgeable staff who understands various accounting processes from start to finish, provide accurate and timely customer service, and utilize technology effectively in the operation of accounting functions.
- Reconcile designated University bank accounts
- Invoice non-research, non-student tuition accounts receivable
- Establish, maintain, and disable Entity 02, 03, 04 , 07, 09, and 47 accounts
- Identify miscellaneous ACH and wire transfers (EFTs) and record to PRISM General Ledger
- Prepare annual Reports of Unclaimed Property
- Establish and maintain Petty Cash and Working Funds
- Investigate check forgeries
- Monitor restricted (Entity 04) account activity
- Pursue resolution of restricted (Entity 04) and agency (Entity 09) account deficit balances
- Establish and maintain University endowments and quasi endowments
- Transfers to/from the principal and income accounts of endowment and quasi-endowment gifts
- Monthly and quarterly endowment reports
- Individual endowment information upon request
Louella E. Edwards
Phone: (412) 624-2762
Brandon R. Maun
ACH and Wire Transfer (EFT) Input; Bank Account Reconciliations, General Ledger Account Analysis and Reconciliations, Petty Cash and Working Funds Review, and Unclaimed Property.
Phone: (412) 624-6621
Sandra A. LaQuatra
Direct Deposit and Credit Card Cash Report Review, Third-party Bank Account Review and Reconciliations, and Unclaimed Property.
Phone: (412) 624-6290
Colin P. Rawleigh
Sr. Financial Analyst
Endowment and Quasi-Endowment New Account Setup, Reports and Inquiries, New Account Setup for Entity 02, 03, 04 and 09 accounts; Bank Account Reconciliations; Check Forgeries; and Unclaimed Property Data Base Maintenance.
Phone: (412) 624-8313
Matthew D. Vecchio
Sr. Financial Analyst
General Ledger Integrity and Maintenance, New Account Analysis, Level Report inquiries, Subcode Usage, Compensated Absences Accrual, and Year-end Accruals and Deferrals and Carryovers.
Phone: (412) 624-6066